Since Paypal held my funds, can I hold the item I sold on ebay until the funds clear?

WoLFBoP
Contributor
Contributor

I've sold on eBay with Paypal for years and years, always a good rating, never any disputes and suddenly I find myself unable to collect my funds from a sale.  Since my item description says "Item will ship upon receipt of cleared payment" can the buyer file a dispute if I hold the item until PP clears the payment?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

No, you can't.

The buyer will have a fit, file a dispute ( which permanently locks up the funds), and you'll get a policy violation slap from ebay for trying to circumvent the 21-day hold ( and that's serious).

Login to Me Too

WoLFBoP
Contributor
Contributor

So my only recourse here is to refund the payment and have the buyer send a money order? Within the last couple of months I have done over $2000 in sales and nothing was held, my money was immediately available, I have a 100% feedback and never a dispute or problem.  I have been a paypal advocate since it's inception and I will never recommend, pay or sell using this service again.  Thank you for your response and warning.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.