Sending Mass Reminders

Prometheus
New Community Member

I sent a mass money request to 15 people. I want to remind them every week until they pay me. The only way I see to do it is click "remind" for each person on the "account history" screen. This takes forever. Is there a way to send a mass reminder to this group of people? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

wumpini
Contributor
Contributor

So I think I figured it out!

If you sent out a group invoice and then want to send reminders to everyone who hasn't paid yet, you need to click on "details" of one of the invoice recipients that has a "pending" status that brings you to the "Invoice Details" for that particular individual. 

In the top left corner of the invoice, click on "Group Invoice Sent."  That brings you to a list of all the individual invoices within that Group Invoice and lists their status (paid, pending, etc).  Next to the invoices with "pending" status, instead of the usual button with the pull down menu that lets you (painstakingly one by one) "cancel" or "remind" each invoice there is only an "edit" button (you don't want that). 

You need to scroll all the way to the bottom of the invoice where there are three buttons:  "Cancel Group Invoice", "Send Reminders", and "Return to Log."   Click on "Send Reminders" and reminders are sent out for all the pending invoices within the Group Invoice.

You're done!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Well, presumably most people will pay right away as long as the original charge was legitimate, so it won't be that onerous.

I don't believe there's a way to do a mass reminder, though.

Login to Me Too

Tupluglnick
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to send a reminder by checking the boxes on multiple pay requestees, and then pressing "remind" on one of the people.  All I got was the standard "your reminder has been sent".  I have no idea if the reminder went out, nor is any history stored with the contact as to when they were reminded.  Am I missing something, as this seems decidely LOW TECH!

Login to Me Too

wumpini
Contributor
Contributor

I have been wondering the same thing for the past year.  I send out about a 100 invoices for member fees every semester and it is so tedious and takes forever to remind each individual person.  I haven't been able to figure out how to send out mass reminders. If you find out, please share!

Login to Me Too

Tupluglnick
Contributor
Contributor

I ended up exporting the list to excel, filtering those who had not yet paid, and sending out an email along with the link to paypal. Not elegant, but it does the trickI

Login to Me Too
Solved

wumpini
Contributor
Contributor

So I think I figured it out!

If you sent out a group invoice and then want to send reminders to everyone who hasn't paid yet, you need to click on "details" of one of the invoice recipients that has a "pending" status that brings you to the "Invoice Details" for that particular individual. 

In the top left corner of the invoice, click on "Group Invoice Sent."  That brings you to a list of all the individual invoices within that Group Invoice and lists their status (paid, pending, etc).  Next to the invoices with "pending" status, instead of the usual button with the pull down menu that lets you (painstakingly one by one) "cancel" or "remind" each invoice there is only an "edit" button (you don't want that). 

You need to scroll all the way to the bottom of the invoice where there are three buttons:  "Cancel Group Invoice", "Send Reminders", and "Return to Log."   Click on "Send Reminders" and reminders are sent out for all the pending invoices within the Group Invoice.

You're done!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.