Routing Number for Debit Card

Knikolaes
Contributor
Contributor

Before I bug the support staff about this, where do I find the checking account routing numbers for the PayPal Debit Card?  I wish to have my direct deposit switched to the debit card and as such need this information.  I know it has to be somewhere because a debit card cannot exist with the Visa or Mastercard logo without a routing number and checking account info assigned to it.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

No such thing as a routing number on a debit card - they're on checks.

You can't have money sent to you that way in any case - tell them to use "Send Money" and give them your paypal email address.

Login to Me Too

Knikolaes
Contributor
Contributor

I have to differ with that.  I'll wait to get the debit card in the mail and just call the 800 number on the back and get the routing number.

FYI I have the Visa Green Dot card, Global Cash card and Ace Check Cashing card.  None of these have checks either, but they all have routing numbers for banking, because you can NOT have a debit card that does not have the routing standing behind it.

Not trying to argue with you, but I know this fact for sure.  It's just not possible to have a debit card without a routing number unless it is a merchant card.  Merchant cards are completely different, but according to the information i am reading, the PayPal card comes with a Visa logo.  Visa and MasterCard plastic always have routing numbers.

Thanks for the reply, though.  I'll just contact the card issuer directly.

Login to Me Too

scottroadrunner
New Community Member

Paypal accounts have no routing numbers or acct numbers for direct deposit.  I just called them.  The only way your paycheck can be deposited into your paypal acct is if your company has a paypal acct to send to you.  I would think Paypal would want to change that, because I think a lot of account holders would get money deposited into there accounts?

Login to Me Too

tman
New Community Member

Your paypal account does have an account #, but no routing number. Or so they claim. Some 5+ years ago, I was able to find the routing number. However, that was 5+ years ago and I no longer know it. 😞

Login to Me Too

gcason
New Community Member

Did you ever find out what the routing number was for the paypal debit card? I'm trying to get funds added to my account and that is one of the options that I need. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

TekGems
Contributor
Contributor

Wouldn't it be awesome if PayPal had a checking account number and routing number would charge in PayPal as a credit card charge? I'd be able to get 1.5% rewards on ACH purchases. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.