Receiving Overseas Payments

DMS12
Contributor
Contributor

The last several times I tried to receive payment from other countries, there have been problems.  This involved Scotland, Germany and now Canada.  Invoice for services is sent as usual, when client tries to pay with credit card they are forced to set up an account and deposit money into account.  After several days, much hassle and no results the clients are forced to pay by bank to bank transfer.  Is there some procedure I am missing, or something I need to do to prevent this from happening?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Amanda411

Hi DMS12,

Welcome!

Do you have the PayPal Account Optional feature enabled on your account? The PayPal Account Optional feature is available for Buy Now, Donations, and Shopping Cart buttons.

To turn PayPal Account Optional on, please follow these steps:

1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
  2. Click "Profile" at the top of the page.
  3. Click the "Website Payment Preferences" link in the Selling Preferences column.
  4. Select the PayPal Account Optional "On" radio button.
  5. Click "Save".

Amanda

Login to Me Too

DMS12
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to receive payments on a PayPal invoice from Europe or Australia.  Does the procedure you mentioned below allow the payments to come thru?  My clients can never make it work and we are forced to use bank to bank transfers.

Rick Milner

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.