Receive echeck

Aliz1
Contributor
Contributor

Unlike many of you I love echeck and I would prefer it if all my clients paid via echeck, but I don't know how to use it.

I have a credit card and a bank account verified and linked to my Paypal but I don't see the e-check option, is this money sending option exclusive to some countries? if so, which countries? because I do receive e-check but can's send them.

Please explain how to send e-check payments and what are the conditions an account has to meet in order to be able to use this payment option, this will be highly appreciated! Smiley Happy

Aliz

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Andy

Aliz1- Lemme try and help you out on this one.

I have to say this is the first time I've heard of someone wanting to use echecks.  Typically sellers want to get the funds as soon as possible (or faster) and that's what our system is geared towards.

By having a credit card and bank account, we eliminate the echeck option.  The reason behind this is because the "instant transfer" method of payment still uses the bank. The difference is that PayPal "fronts" the money on this method and we wait for the funds to clear from your bank.  So you still use your bank account.

Hope this answers your questions

Andy

Login to Me Too

Aliz1
Contributor
Contributor

Well Andy the reason behind it is very simple I provide my services well before I receive any payment, I am in no rush to receive my payment and i rather wait 1 week than lose 4% of my profits, see eCheck charges 5USD regardless of the amount of the eCheck while instant payment discounts 4% in commission, this is because I am in Chile and the rates are higher (Is not published and I already argued a 1000 times about it, but that's the way it goes).

I am eager to be able to instruct all my clients to use eCheck however it appears to be an option reserved for A+ rating countries as France, UK, USA and Australia have no problems sending eChecks but Spain, Chile and India are not able to chose this option (it doesn't come up when changing the funding method) so I would very much like to know which are ALL the countries that can issue eChecks so I can tell my costumers and adjust my rates accordingly.

Thanks in advance for your time to answer Andy  Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Aliz1- Hey, it's your business! I'm fine with however you want to receive your payments. 😄

The easiest way to see if other countries can send payments using their bank accounts is from the Worldwide link from the PayPal homepage.  It's all the way at the bottom of the page. Just change the dropwdown to whatever country you want and it'll say in the "Send" section what's allowed. I'll include a link to it, but I'm not sure how that'll work with you being in Chile and all. 🙂

Andy

Login to Me Too

Aliz1
Contributor
Contributor

You have been very helpful Andy, thanks!

Have a nice day, I'm ready for bed now.

Bye bye!

Aliz

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.