Problem with downloading software. Some claim unauthorzied payment.

GTBill
Contributor
Contributor

I sell software and give the purchaser the option of 1) download only or 2) download w/ CD. I've had 4 people complain of unauthorized payment in the last year and I have no way of proving that I supplied the product. Meanwhile, the "purchaser" enjoys my software and gets all their money back.

I realize 4 cases isn't a lot but times are getting tighter so these days every $ counts. Does anyone know of a way to overcome this obstacle?I would not want to have to go back to the old days and only send a CD to everyone with no option for download but I'm starting to think there may be no other way.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

GTBill
Contributor
Contributor

I just looked up the individual who filed a claim and saw that he was unregistered with Paypal. But I think the payment came from his email address because his name is in it.

Would it hold any weight with Paypal if I had people wait until I send them download details and sent a Return Receipt?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You have to physically send something with tracking to be covered.

Whether it's a CD or a letter with the download URL on it doesn't matter - as long as it's a physical object and you have the appropriate confirmation.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.