Payment to non-primary e-mail address

lhhesscpa
Contributor
Contributor

I have 2 e-mail addresses in my PayPal profile. Can someone send money to me a the one that is not the primary address?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

superfuzed
Contributor
Contributor

While in theory, and from what Paypal TELLS us is the case, your question is very valid and the resounding answer should be YES!!!

BUT - this is Paypal, and while they advertise "features", they don't always come through on their promises, or fix broken ones.

I have two email addresses in my profile. One for business, one for personal, and EVERY business transaction I do (ebay, elsewhere) is directed to come to email address "B" (my secondary email address) but now for MONTHS I have at least 10% of my payments go to our primary email address "A" when they are clearly not supposed to.

And I'm not kidding - this has been going on for MONTHS and I've turned in over 100 individual transaction ID's where this happened with not one Paypal representative even accepting this is an issue, or providing a solution to it.

So, instead my answer to your question is a resounding NO!!!!! Do NOT set up a secondary email address and live by it - use at your own risk, as you may never get any notifications that the payment ever arrived.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

superfuzed
Contributor
Contributor

While in theory, and from what Paypal TELLS us is the case, your question is very valid and the resounding answer should be YES!!!

BUT - this is Paypal, and while they advertise "features", they don't always come through on their promises, or fix broken ones.

I have two email addresses in my profile. One for business, one for personal, and EVERY business transaction I do (ebay, elsewhere) is directed to come to email address "B" (my secondary email address) but now for MONTHS I have at least 10% of my payments go to our primary email address "A" when they are clearly not supposed to.

And I'm not kidding - this has been going on for MONTHS and I've turned in over 100 individual transaction ID's where this happened with not one Paypal representative even accepting this is an issue, or providing a solution to it.

So, instead my answer to your question is a resounding NO!!!!! Do NOT set up a secondary email address and live by it - use at your own risk, as you may never get any notifications that the payment ever arrived.

Login to Me Too

lhhesscpa
Contributor
Contributor

I apreciate your clear recitation of your experience. Fortunately for me, it's important that I get the money if it's directed to my non-primary address as long as I get it. My concern was that I might not get it at all. Thanks.

P.S. It's disturbing to hear of your awful customer service experience with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

superfuzed
Contributor
Contributor

It is sad, but it's also become expected that any issue that Paypal feels they don't want to "exist" just doesn't, no matter how many people report the exact same issue.

If Paypal doesn't want to acknowledge it, then it doesn't exist.

This is the norm with them.

Login to Me Too

superfuzed
Contributor
Contributor

well here I am again - practially BEGGING someone from Paypal to FIX THIS ISSUE!!!

It's been months now, and no resolution, no solution - not even acceptance of this being an issue by anyone in the PAypal support community.

Makes you feel great to read these posts knowing how important WE are to the Paypal money-making machine.

Yet another day of useless-ly reporting over a dozen transactions going to the incorrect email address for payment confirmation emails.

Thanks SO much Paypal for making business life SO much easier on all of us! It speaks volumes to everyone that reads these boards that you won't even come in and comment on this issue.

Give yourselves a nice pat on the back!

Login to Me Too

superfuzed
Contributor
Contributor

Solved huh?

Interesting considering I just reported TEN transactions that were YET AGAIN sent to the WRONG email address in our account.

Listing specifies for confirmations to go to secondary email address "B" but as usual, at least 20% of our payment confirmation emails go to our primary email address "A"

Am I the ONLY one this is happening to???

Login to Me Too

lhhesscpa
Contributor
Contributor

As long as the money goes into the one bank account I have registered with PayPal I don't care which of the 2 e-maill addresses on record at PayPal gets the notification.

Login to Me Too

iKnittydotcom
New Community Member

Did you get an answer to this? I am wondering the same thing. I put a donate button on my site and then switched my primary account so it wouldn't reflect to my personal email account (you know, the one with my real name on it). I have a freelancing client who sends money to my old-primary (now non-primary) email address.

Did you find out if funds can be sent to either/any email addresses on your account? 

Thanks so much!

Login to Me Too

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, superfuzed; I can sense the tension rolling off you like a wave and feel you gritting your teeth staring at the monitor!

First up: take a deep breath and let it go. In the meaning of life - is this one a deal breaker for you? If it is, I can understand your frustration. If not, unclench your fingers a little but, and let's try to work on this a little bit and see if we can figiue out  what's going on for you....

Let me state: I dont work for PayPal, so I'm just going to work with my own experiences with multiple e-mail addresses in PayPal. Okay?

So let me ask you a couple of questions to help me figure out what might be going on. You're using two different e-mails in your PayPal account. Are they two different web-based e-mail accounts?  The kind that you'd have to sign onto individually to check to see if the payment had been received, not that you'd have a major mail-handling device alerting you that you'd received a notice, like Outlook, or Express, or Eudora or something? But you'd actually have to do the work of going in and checking yourself on a daily or hourly or what-have-you basis to check and see, instead of receiving notice?

Like, for instance, I have a bunch of different mails attached to my PayPal account; I do this for a specific reason. I have one account attached to Facebook, another to eBay, another I use to shop on on-line stores, another for Amazon. I do this so I can keep track of where I am using my money and when, for banking purposes, just for double-checking, and for security purposes. But all these e-mail accounts are also plugged into my Outlook, so if I get any notifications from PayPal about a problem, or a query, or a question from a seller, or tracking numbers, they all come to my Outlook so I can see them right away and not have to go into them each individually online.

Is this the problem you are running into? If not, please maybe try and explain what the main problem is with the two addresses and why it's a problem for the notice to go to the other address and not the one you want it to. Maybe we can fix it so it goes to the one you want very easily. maybe it's a quick fix: who knows? Let's try to pin it down.

Hopefully, either I or someone else reading will know something that could help you.

I'll check back later.

Raven

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.