Payment hold

thuydothang
New Community Member

I don't Paypal keep hold the payment received the money when I'm got the payment from some one?

Please help me.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

New sellers get their payments held for 21 days.

Login to Me Too

TeamFX
Contributor
Contributor

Does this apply to those who do not use eBay on a regular basis?  I get most of my funds through Paypal by way of gifts and donations.  It would not be fun at all if even payments like those got held for whatever maximum time is given.  Any help on how to lift the holds?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

LaurenSilbs
Contributor
Contributor

For how long does this 21 day hold thing continue, I am newer to selling on ebay, haven't in a long while, and really don't want to deal with the 21 day hassle each and every time,

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@LaurenSilbs wrote:

For how long does this 21 day hold thing continue, I am newer to selling on ebay, haven't in a long while, and really don't want to deal with the 21 day hassle each and every time,

It will last at least for the first 100 feedback you get.

Depending on the category you sell in, it may be permanent.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@TeamFX wrote:

Does this apply to those who do not use eBay on a regular basis?  I get most of my funds through Paypal by way of gifts and donations.  It would not be fun at all if even payments like those got held for whatever maximum time is given.  Any help on how to lift the holds?  Thanks.

I've seen cases where people that sell occasionally on ebay get all of their funds held.

I don't know if this is the general rule or not - there haven't been a lot of those cases reported.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.