IS THE 21 DAY HOLD FOR ALL PAYPAL USERS????

gumbeelee
Contributor
Contributor

Is the new 21 day hold for payments for all paypal users or only certain ones.  I always get feedback from buyer most of the time.  this 21 day hold is bull sh*t,  the buyer gets to use the product, paypal makes there money, and you get to count down days  why you have to wait for your money.  paypal doesn't care they are making money off my money.  just wondering what everyone else thought about this policy and if it was for everyone or just a select few???

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello gumbeelee

Welcome to our Community Forum. Your frustration regarding the holds policy is understandable and I am happy to elaborate on this.

All PayPal accounts have the ability to have the holds process put in place.  The decision to place a hold on the funds is a combination of a number of variables and can include tenure on eBay, dispute ratios, DSR ratings, etc.  These are just a few but what eBay and PayPal are looking to do is to create as safe as a selling venue as possible.

The longest the funds would be held is 21 days but you can have the funds released much sooner either by providing valid tracking showing delivery (we release the hold 72 hours after the delivery time), obtaining positive feedback from the buyer, or by the buyer releasing the funds from their end.  It is a good practice to ship with tracking as this will not only speed up the release time but will also safeguard you against non receipt claims.

The holds process is not indefinite as accounts are regularly reviewed so good selling practices will lead to the holds being removed from your account.  I hope this helps to clear up the matter and if you have any further questions please feel free to ask.  Take care and have a great day.

KB

Login to Me Too

chofesco
New Community Member

I have add the traking # and the product was delivered 4 days ago. It's my first time selling by eBay and first time using paypal. Why I don't have available the money?

When I should expect to have it?

Login to Me Too

MrRobertLee2
New Community Member

Still, this is ****** rediculous.  I am out of work right now so I am trying to pay rent and utilities by selling things on eBay.  It would work fine if they weren't holding over $1300.00 of mine!  I can't even afford to ship out the last two things I sold because they are holding my money, even though I have 100% positive feedback, tracking numbers, my bank account numbers, by credit card numbers, my address and phone numbers, etc. They can kiss my **bleep** with their stupid 21 day hold **bleep**!  Does it make them feel like God when they do this?

Login to Me Too

ktraxel77
New Community Member

EXACTLY! THAT IS WHY YOU CHARGE THEM SHIPPING....SO YOU CAN SEND IT TO THEM. HOW CAN YOU SEND AN ITEM IF PAYPAL WON'T GIVE YOU THE MONEY? I FEEL FOR YA AND I SO KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. GOOD LUCK.

Login to Me Too

Melimar
Contributor
Contributor

I find myself in the same financial bindl with no relief in sight until next year, so I foolishly jumped into selling on e-bay, not realizing so much has changed in 4 years (that was the last time I sold). I am not aware that there is any hold on funds, but I sold an item on the 15th of December and it is now the afternoon of the 21st. My bank has no record of any transaction from Pay-Pal, it is just sitting here in the Pay-Pal account.

I have 100 percent positive feedback on e-bay, I am an old user, and my e-mail has not changed. The buyer has received her package and left me positive feedback, it is not even a huge amount of money but I desperately need it. Why is it taking soooo long and how can I find out how much longer it is going to take? Pay-pal got the money right away, what gives? Not only is the e-bay final value fee very high, but the Pay-pal fee is rather high also, which I understand I have to live with, but why the great delay?

How can I get a DEFINITIVE answer as to when transactions will clear? Someone please help find a clear cut answer. Once I sold and payment 'completed' I was counting on the money...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi all,

There are some details in the Help Center regarding this question. A lot of what's in here was already posted by Kevin, but for some further information, you might find these Help Center articles helpful:

Why is my payment being held?

How can I avoid having my payments held for eBay items?

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ezgoing48
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the same boat but not as extreme! Awesome item sold at a super bargain. I offered a 7 day unconditional money back guarantee as good faith nowing my sold item was better than new. But did not count on a 21 day hold, can't afford to ship the item and feel like relisting . If i'd known i would have listed with different payment options ie: cashiers check. Not sure what to do but i'm **bleep**. Can't seem to talk to a real person at paypal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

cdkamv12
New Community Member

I have the same problem, I have a fast buyer who bought an item of mine but wont leave feedback. I have a tracking number on it as well and its been 4 days since she got it. I message her and she ignors me. I fully understand the 21 day hold but if I had a tracking it should have been released. I know the hold thing is for new ebay members, to ensure they are sincere on their selling.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Welcome to the forums, ezgoing48, cdkamv12 and saintz49!

cdkamv12 - If the tracking has shown delivery for 4 days, give Customer Solutions a call and they can manually review the tracking. It's typically reviewed by an automatic process. If the number is entered correctly, it should automatically lift after 3 days following the delivery, but if it didn't, a rep can definitely help you.

ezgoing48 - You may want to double-check with eBay regarding what payment methods are allowed for your listing, and what your obligations are regarding the sale you've already made. I definitely understand how it is frustrating because you didn't expect the hold. There is messaging when you list your item that advises new sellers of the probability of a hold, giving sellers the ability to prepare for this and set aside funding to pay for shipping.

saintz49 - In the initial period of the holds, it can be a little tough to get a foothold. It's an investment in your business to make sure that you have funds set aside to pay for the shipping, and those funds are released to you later. In any business, some investment is necessary, whether it be rent on a brick and mortar store, purchase of inventory, an account to accept credit card payments directly through a credit card processor, or any number of other costs. The hold on your funds is an investment that is guaranteed to be returned to you in 21 days (and even less than that in the case of the shipping costs) - something that can't be said of the other costs.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.