I would like to sell tickets to my show through Paypal. (Answer needed urgently!)

Voceangelo
Contributor
Contributor

Several questions:

Would I have to open a business account for this purpose?  My theatre company is not a non-profit (though all the money we get from the shows goes directly into the theatrical productions).  I currently have a personal Paypal in which I haven't sold anything-  just purchased goods.

I'd like to the total dollar amount (assuming there will be fees) to be deposited directly into my checking account.  A friend of mine that did this said that Paypal "holds" the payments depending upon the size of the final dollar amount and sends it to you incrementally at the beginning of the month.  Since I would be a first time "seller" - A) Is this true?  and B) If it is, what would have to do to just receive the sum total?

On the theatrical website, what would the the link have to be: Donate or Purchase?

How would I go about capping the amount of tickets (I'd like the maximum number to be 45) to be purchased?  Would I just remove the button from my website? 

The FAQ's are so circuitous in their answers.  I'd appreciate any real, plain English answers.   

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

robbietunes
Contributor
Contributor

Here is a plain English answer:  DON'T DO IT. 

Your show will be long closed and shut down before PayPal stops holding your money.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

robbietunes
Contributor
Contributor

Here is a plain English answer:  DON'T DO IT. 

Your show will be long closed and shut down before PayPal stops holding your money.

Login to Me Too

Voceangelo
Contributor
Contributor

After reading everyone's horror stories with receiving paypal payments, I'm going to take your advice.  It's so ridiculous.  It's YOUR money.  Why are they holding it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.