I can't withdraw my money at availabilitiy date!!!

dizzyevan
New Community Member

I sold an item i checked availability date was Jan/15/2012. Now it's Jan/15/2012 it said fund not available. How come paypal did that to its customers. It's so shame!!!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

annak2626
Contributor
Contributor

Same here! I need my money to pay for things on ebay..

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi dizzyevan, and welcome to the forums!

The funds have probably been released by the time you're reading this, but I thought I'd jump in and help put anyone's mind at ease who is in the same situation.

Transactions get queued for release after the full period has elapsed. That basically means that if tracking shows delivery, the release will happen once 3 full days have elapsed after delivery. If the 21 days is required, the transaction will be queued after the full 21 days has elapsed. Once queued, they go into batches for automatic release. These batches are periodic throughout the day.

I regret any confusion, and I hope I helped clarify!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

xDAKx
Contributor
Contributor

Olivia, If I may, I'd like to ask a question.

I understand your explanation, and it lines up with my experience, Once the tracking number for my item showed the item delivered, PayPal and eBay both updated their expected availability dates to 3 calendar days after that delivery date, and it would appear as though that's what's happening for about 99% of the people here.

What I don't understand is why the transactions queued for release in batches are never being released, almost as though the batches aren't being processed by the system, my example is that I sold an item on the 11th, shipped it on the morning of the 12th, the tracking number showed delivered on the 14th, which caused PayPal to update my availbility date to the 16th. 

The issue is that the release never occured on the 16th, and this morning (the morning of the 18th) my release date still showed the 16th, which I believe is another issue, the date remains linked to a held transaction even if that date has passed. I could have possibly understood if the funds were released on the 17th, but as I said, that never ended up occuring, in my cases, the funds had to be released manually by someone I managed to get in touch with directly.

I would like to add I'm not asking these questions to create confusion or to create doubt around what you said, I understand (and believe many others do as well) what you said to the full extent, It just appears that in some cases, the final step where the batched transactions are processed and therefore released, is simply not occuring, which is creating a lot of the confusion/anger that we're seeing in some of the latest threads on the community forums.

Kind Regards,

Donald

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi xDAKx, and welcome to the forums!

Thank you for being clear about your question. I appreciate the thoroughness. 🙂

The availability date is an estimate, based on the estimated delivery date of the item. The system will check the tracking on that date, looking to see when the item was delivered, and then making sure that three full days have elapsed since that date and time.

When it checked your tracking on the 16th, 3 complete days had not yet elapsed. It would have been batched again for another review at a later time. The listed availability date does not update at that point, and the initial availability estimate is what remains on the details.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

teras
New Community Member

I strongly encourage anyone having this problem of not being able to access money through Paypal by the expected date to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  

http://sanjose.bbb.org/business-reviews/Payment-Processing-Service/PayPal-Inc-in-San-Jose-CA-210387

This would be completely unacceptable if any other store, company or service conducted business in this manner. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.