I can't see a transaction in PayPal - HELP

towels
Contributor
Contributor

I just completed my first sell on Ebay and I can't see the payment received in paypal.

I checked the auction and saw I made a mistake - I listed an Email not associated to my PayPal account. When I got the request to claim payment I linked that email address and confirmed it although I am still unable to see the transaction.

In Ebay i says that the payment has been sent to my accoutn and now is now being processed.

I also upgraded to a Premier account since that might be the problem.

But still no trace of the transaction.

Can anyone help me?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

robin90049
Contributor
Contributor

OK, I just called Paypal customer service, and the guy was very helpful. He found out that the Paypal payment was sent to an old email address of mine. I don't know why that matters exactly, since it's still the same PayPal account, but he reactivated the old email account and then the payments showed up in my account. Before I listed the auctions, i checked that my ebay and my Paypal accounts had my current email address, but there was one other field where regarding the Paypal payments that had the old email address. Weird and confusing. But at least I have my payments now.

Login to Me Too

JanaBanana
New Community Member

I am having serious issues as well.. What is going on??? Refunded money is NOT appearing in my Pay Pal acct.. yet I got an email tonight saying it was there... It shows no trransactions of any kind and I just purchased an item via pp a couple weeks ago?

Login to Me Too

robin90049
Contributor
Contributor

Try this: Go to your Ebay Account and view your item you sold. Click on the link that says Sell Similar Item. When that page opens up, scroll down to the bottom and look for the payment information. Look for the email address that is associated with the PayPal payment. Is it the correct email address?

Login to Me Too

bluesky0000
Contributor
Contributor

someone sent me a payment and it says it on transaction but it is not adding it to the credit. why? how long does it take? ty diana

Login to Me Too

Apryl82
Contributor
Contributor

You could try a different browser. 

Login to Me Too

kika_meow
Contributor
Contributor
It's happening the exactly same to me and I don't know if I should ship the items. Can you tell me how you solved that problem? I think the only solution is to contact each buyer and tell that re-send the payment to the actually email address linked to PayPal.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi towels,

If you add the email address that was listed in the auction, and confirm it, you should be able to see the payment in your PayPal account. If that doesn't work, you can fall back on kika_meow's suggestion to have the buyer resend the payment to the correct address and cancel the unclaimed payment.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ShereeLee

HOW DID THIS END UP FOR YOU?! I'm having the same problem! This is so frustrating. I've been trying to figure it out for hours!!!

Login to Me Too

Nowisthetime
Contributor
Contributor

If you find an answer, please post it.  ebay says it is paid. No transaction is seen on paypal. And don't bother with the send emai notice.

@ShereeLee wrote:

HOW DID THIS END UP FOR YOU?! I'm having the same problem! This is so frustrating. I've been trying to figure it out for hours!!!

It hasn't ended. I don't know just what to do

Login to Me Too

todd7453
New Community Member

HELLO,I SOLD ITEM #180576018258 AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED PAYMENT ON MY PAYPAL  ACCOUNT  YET,BUYER SAID THAT PAYMENT WAS SENT,PLEASE FIXES.THANK YOU

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.