How do I receive the money from paypal after someone pays me from an invoice?

raycrawford
Contributor
Contributor

I am going to send an invoice to someone for payment for services rendered.  When this person receives the paypal e-mail and then pays using her credit card, how do I actually receive the money from paypal?  Do they send me a check? Do they credit the account that I have on file wtih them?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

The money is crdited to your paypal account and you'll receive an email that the payment has been received.

As long as it isn't subject to any sort of hold, you'll be able to download it to your bank account using the "Withdraw">"Transfer to bank account" link on the main page.  Just follow the steps that come up.

Login to Me Too

zyrex
New Community Member

you seem to know a little about paypal. i have sortof the same question. i'm selling services and am supposing to be recieving money but i dont know where to tell them to pay to. do i tell them to send it to the emaili signed up with? or is there a special email for my account that i give them,that way it registers on here. i've tried to find it but have had no luck

Login to Me Too

The_Great_One
Contributor
Contributor

the same email you use to log into paypal with is directly linked to your bank account.  FOR EXAMPLE: you sell something and someone buys it.  you tell them to send the money to that same email you use to log into paypal with.  presto 😉

hope that helps

p.s.  but they have to be aware to send it through paypal, and they must have a paypal account for that work.  like me transfering money from my own bank account to yours.  i would need a bank account to transfer money to someone in the first place.  if i didnt have a bank account, how would i transfer money then?  same goes with paypal.  you dont just go. "oh yeah ill go to paypal and send money, but i dont have an account"  .  probably made it even worse with this p.s. lol

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

That's essentially correct.

You can request funds using the "Request Money" tab - you can send a request for funds or an invoice through that.

They pay to the email you signed up with.

Login to Me Too

FireEagle170
Contributor
Contributor

My customer dose not want to join PP.  He wants to pay with credit card.  How can he do this? Since it is a CC there is no reason for this person to be part of PP. 

Login to Me Too

raycrawford
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help!

Login to Me Too

FireEagle170
Contributor
Contributor

My customer does not want to join PP and wants to pay with CC.  PP tells me I can do this but how.  The process is demanding my customer join PP for a single payment the refuses to process is CC.  How do I get around this.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@FireEagle170 wrote:

My customer does not want to join PP and wants to pay with CC.  PP tells me I can do this but how.  The process is demanding my customer join PP for a single payment the refuses to process is CC.  How do I get around this.

In theory, they're supposed to be able to do it, but I haven't found anybody that's been able to successfully do it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.