HELP!! 1st Time Recieving Money

CDE

I have a PayPal account which is NOT YET VERIFIED.  I need to receive some money through PayPal and have tried to find the answers all morning to these questions.....

1)  I use only my debit/bank card to purchase through paypal, so to receive money would the money I receive be posted to that card if no bank account is set up?

2)  After I verify and link my bank account on the paypal account does the money I receive go directly to my bank account like a direct deposit?  If not, what is the process?

3)  Is there a difference between my PayPal Account and my linked bank account?  If so, what?

What I am trying to understand is this:  My money is sent to me at my email address on PayPal, I get that part.  Once that is done, it is foggy where that money is and when it will actually be in my REAL bank account, not in the virtual world.

Apologies up front for being thick-headed on this, but I have not found simple answers to this and I am sure we would all like to know, step-by-step, where our money is and when we will actually have it 'in hand'.

Thank you for any help.  Seems I need it!!  LOL

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Amy

First off.. Thank you for selecting PayPal to receive funds!!

To make sure that I answer all your questions, I posted them here again!

1)  I use only my debit/bank card to purchase through paypal, so to receive money would the money I receive be posted to that card if no bank account is set up? No, your money you receive goes to your PayPal account directly.  The funds will show up as an available balance that you can either withdraw to your bank account (once you add it) or to use on additional purchases you make.

2)  After I verify and link my bank account on the paypal account does the money I receive go directly to my bank account like a direct deposit?  If not, what is the process?  The funds go to your PayPal account and can be withdrawn to your bank account through the withdraw tab.  The transfer of funds from PayPal to your bank can take 3-4 business days.

3)  Is there a difference between my PayPal Account and my linked bank account?  If so, what?  Once you add your bank to your PayPal account that will verify your account.  This means you have an unlimited sending limit.  Your bank is going to be the default funding source to send payments, if you do not have an available balance.  However, you can pay using your credit/debit card on every purchase as long as you click the change funding source link during the check out.  The PayPal account is just the way for the funds to be sent to someone else, and to be received from someone else.  It provides the security of keeping the financial information private. 

As a new seller, I would encourage you to review our seller protection policy.  https://www.paypal.com/sellerprotection

I hope this information has been helpful.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Amy

Login to Me Too

alchemnew
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal!

Help me, please!

Buyer of eBay(Philippines) can not transfer money to me-seller of eBay(Ukraine) for sold my item#.... on eBay. PayPal  do not transfer money from he to me.

The Buyer is worried ....

I'm worried ...

I have 100% positive feedback on eBay.

My PayPal account is Verified.

My PayPal account is linked with my eBay account.

Help me, Dear PayPal!

Best regards!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.