Can I take VISA payment

susannnnnnnn
Contributor
Contributor

Can I take a VISA card payment if the payer does not have a PayPal account?  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Vishwa
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

Good day.

You surely can take payment through visa card from the buyer if he doesn't have a pay pal account.

However, paypal would ask the same buyer to sign up for a paypal account  if he is trying to make visa payments for more than 3 times.

let me know if this helps

Login to Me Too

susannnnnnnn
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, that did help.

Login to Me Too

AtlantaCubicles
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - Just so I understand - I email the customer a PayPal Invoice - they click on the link and bring up a menu that eventually asks for their Credit Card Info - or their PayPal account. -- IF they don't want to open a PayPal account - they can pay right then and there with a Credit or Debit card?? -

There is a Limit of 3 Payment to me before they have to open a Paypal Account?? per Year?  Is there anything else I should know regarding this type of payment?? -

Thanks for the help with this

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Vishwa
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

HI, You are mostly right,

the one this that you should know is that the number of attempts is not based on a year but the buyer himself.

the buyer will have 3 times overall and the irrespective of the time or the merchant.

which means, if the buyer buys from "you ", another seller " A", and another seller "B" without signing up for a paypal account, his 3 attempts are over. 

Cheers,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.