Can I be paid by someone who doesn't have a Paypal account?

calamity
New Community Member

Hi there,

I'm a little confused on how to receive payment via Paypal. I'm an artist who does commissions, and my clients need to be able to pay me with a credit or debit card. I don't know how to receive payment from them, however, since many of them don't have a Paypal account.  I'd rather not force any of my clients to get a Paypal account in order to pay me, but I can't find a way for them to pay me otherwise. Every time, they eventually come to a screen where they are asked to log in to Paypal, and no other options are available.

It was my understanding that people without Paypal accounts could still pay Paypal users. Was I mistaken? :c

I'd appreciate any help!

-Jenna

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

actionville
New Community Member

I need to know this answer as well. I thought you could collect money without  the sender having a paypal account, but

paypal seems to want to force people into getting on board before anyone can use their service.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello calamity & actionville,

Thanks for stopping by!

We do have some choices for you if you are looking to accept payments without your clients signing up for a PayPal account.  I would suggest checking out our Website Payments Standard or Virtual Terminal products! 

Here is a great link to provide more information!

Also, at the bottom of that linked page I provided--are phone numbers for our sales & support.  If you have any questions on setting up these products, give them a call they would be happy to help out!

Have a good one!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.