Accepting Payments on my Website

PINGU1985
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, I just need a little help here.

Ive recently started up a business. The items I sell on my website is of quite high value.

All bespoke items made to order. ranging from £32,999 up to £88,000, so yes quite exspensive. Its aimed at those obv with a little money already in their bank accounts.

The idea is that the customer pays the amount in full, allowing me to then make the order for their bespoke item, which is then delivered to them within 8 weeks.

I have integrated buttons with drop down price options, no price options etc, and found it quite easy.

However, the only problem is, the maximum single transaction limit is £5500!!! I need this to be £32,999 or more, depending on what the customer chooses.

The only way I have found so far, is to put the price of the items at the £5500 max, then charge the rest as packaging (this is given to you if you already know, as an optio when creating your buttons), so then the packaging costs £27,999.

Ive then had to put a paragraph on my website explaining that the £5500 is the first part of the payment, which I would have to use anyway to put down a deposit to get their bespoke item made anyway, and then also state to the customer, that the remaining is classed as packaging, of £xx,xxx amount to fulfil the cost of the item.

However, it just looks ridiculous! And obviously its gona put people off, and make them think Its a scm, but its not, its just the case that I really don't know any other way of doing it....

Im thinking maybe, is it because my account is premier, maybe i need to upgrade to business, would this allow me to accept higher amount per single transaction of say upto £25,000??? Im not sure, please could someone advise me.

Ive looked into other payment processors, but they don't seem to either or they are just too exspensive for me at this time.

Please someone, HELP!

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

PINGU1985,

That's definitely some heavy duty payments to process - you're right to assume the standard checkout process won't be an easy fit to your needs.  Perhaps some of our other products - such as Virtual Terminal - would be a better fit to your business.  Since it sounds like you're in the UK, check out this site: https://www.paypal-business.co.uk/take-credit-cards-over-the-phone-with-paypal/index.htm.  It even has a UK sales number, so if you need to, you can call in and feel out what sort of products we have available that might work for you!

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.