third part API calls

justalan
Contributor
Contributor
I am already a part of the Paypal Partner network but the third party functionality is not working for me.
I don't have a partner manager and can't seem to reach anyone at Palpal who can advise how I get assigned one.
Does anyone know hat could be causing the following error and who I should get in contact with to resolve it: 

"PERMISSION_DENIED"

"You are not authorized to perform 3rd party calls for this API. You need to be part of the PayPal Partner Program for the same. Please reach out to your Partner Manager for more information."
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sstankov
Contributor
Contributor

@justalan  was you able to solve it?

How you was able to enter the partner network? We had registered but no one replied.

Login to Me Too

flyingkei
Contributor
Contributor

Is this happening in Prod? You cannot use it in Prod without signing up as a partner.

If this is happening in sandbox, did you create an App that is specifically meant to be used as a Partner Platform and allows onboarding by sellers?

If so, are you generating signup links for the seller that includes the specific permissions you need to do business on their behalf?

I placed the specific permissions in the Create Partner Referral request under Operations -> Integration Details -> Rest API Integration -> Third Party Details -> Features

Login to Me Too

sstankov
Contributor
Contributor

I had written at least 20 times in my partner account. So far no response.

I have already 3 Live approved apps, that need access to: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/transaction-search/v1/ 

As stated there:
"To use the API on behalf of third parties, you must be part of the PayPal partner network. Reach out to your partner manager for the next steps. To enroll in the partner program, see Partner with PayPal."

So far the only place that returns customer information is: https://www.paypal-support.com/s/account-overview and they do not have information.

We spend already 10h+ on phone with customer support sending us to dead ends where no one is picking up the phone.

This kind of PayPal attitude really sux. We invested over a month into development, and now nothing. 

/ Ah that permissions is working without issues in sandbox, but for prod it says:

{
"name": "PERMISSION_DENIED",
"message": "You are not authorized to perform 3rd party calls for this API. You need to be part of the PayPal Partner Program for the same. Please reach out to your Partner Manager for more information.",
"debug_id": "e17d8a74a5c10",
"details": [],
"links": []
}

support response.png

Login to Me Too

flyingkei
Contributor
Contributor

That is terrible news. I also have to call a representative when my business goes to prod, and it sounds like it is quite the unpleasant experience. I am sorry, but I do not know how to help your situation because I haven't gotten that far. It sounds like it is working for you in the sandbox environment, though, which is all I can help with.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.