New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
As title says - is it possible to manage (CRUD) address book (contacts) though rest API? I can't find anything relevant in the documentation.
Here is address book:
I would like to manage it through API: create / list / read / edit / delete contacts. Is it possible to do?
The bigger picture:
I'm working for PieSync (https://www.piesync.com). PieSync is providing seamless bidirectional contact sync between major SaaS application. We would like to allow PayPal users to sync their contacts with other cloud apps. To do that we not only need to list contacts but we also need to be able to fetch changes in efficient way. Normally we do that in one of three ways:
- webhooks - triggered on creation and modification (also on delete if possible)
- filters - fetch only contacts updated after given time
- sorting - fetch contact sorted in reverse chronological order by modification time
So the questions are:
1. Is it possible to manage contacts through API (CRUD)?
2. Is it possible to fetch contact changes in one of three ways mentioned by me or in any other way?
Actually I'm not sure if address book is the thing that PayPal user may want to sync. There is also "Customers" link in the UI (which, by the way, shows "Sorry, we can't show this information right now. Check back in a few minutes." error in my sandbox):
But there is no way to fetch customers from the API (other than fetching transactions itself). It is also not possible to create / update customers on it's own. Am I right?