is it possible to manage address book (contacts)?

Bonias
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

As title says - is it possible to manage (CRUD) address book (contacts) though rest API? I can't find anything relevant in the documentation.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Andre

Hi, can you give an example of what you would like to achieve?

Login to Me Too

Bonias
Contributor
Contributor

Here is address book:

paypal-address-book.png

I would like to manage it through API: create / list / read / edit / delete contacts. Is it possible to do?

The bigger picture:

I'm working for PieSync (https://www.piesync.com).  PieSync is providing seamless bidirectional contact sync between major SaaS application. We would like to allow PayPal users to sync their contacts with other cloud apps. To do that we not only need to list contacts but we also need to be able to fetch changes in efficient way. Normally we do that in one of three ways:

- webhooks - triggered on creation and modification (also on delete if possible)

- filters - fetch only contacts updated after given time

- sorting - fetch contact sorted in reverse chronological order by modification time

So the questions are:

1. Is it possible to manage contacts through API (CRUD)?

2. Is it possible to fetch contact changes in one of three ways mentioned by me or in any other way?

Login to Me Too

Bonias
Contributor
Contributor

Actually I'm not sure if address book is the thing that PayPal user may want to sync. There is also "Customers" link in the UI (which, by the way, shows "Sorry, we can't show this information right now. Check back in a few minutes." error in my sandbox):

paypal-customers.png

But there is no way to fetch customers from the API (other than fetching transactions itself). It is also not possible to create / update customers on it's own. Am I right?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.