WooCommerce and PayPal order status change update not working.

TylerReid
New Community Member

Hi,
On our website we've always set new orders to "On Hold" by default when they come into WooCommerce. After we confirm an order is ready to ship, we bulk change the order status in WooCommerce to "Processing" or "Completed" and then PayPal completes the charge for the orders automatically.

For some reason, this stopped working and PayPal won't charge the orders when we change the order status from "On Hold" to "Processing" or "Completed" in WooCommerce. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tyler

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Hmmm...what you're describing isn't something I've seen, and I'm not quite clear on what you're outlining here.

Were you processing orders on the site as Authorization, and then you had something automatically capturing the Auth when you update the Woo order status?  

If that's what you're describing, I haven't seen that in any existing plugin.  You'll need to outline exactly what you're using please.

The alternative would be that your orders were getting processed right away, and the money was already processed when you updated the Woo order status.  So then the problem now would simply be that the orders aren't processing correctly in general..??

Please elaborate a bit on exactly how you have this all setup and configured, and with which plugins you're doing this, and then I can help you more.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.