WooCommerce Paypal Payments Plugin Client ID and Secret Key Questions

Thisguy1
New Community Member

Hello,

When I was going through the WooCommerce automatic payment setups screen, I went through the Paypal setup (third option down) after I set up WooCommerce Payments.

While it was going through Paypal setup, which I finally got to connect to my account and go through the process of filling out some business info, it said that it wasn’t able to get the Client ID and Secret Key, and it gave me spaces to put them in manually. (But it had my email address and Live Merchant ID)

I was looking up information on where to get these Client ID and Secret Keys from, and I ended up going to some Paypal Developers portal and logging in. From reading a past WordPress support thread, I followed some instructions for creating a new Live App using the Create App button. But when I went to look at My Apps that exist, the new one I created is there, but I noticed there are already two other that existed called MyApp_WooCommerce_Developers. Both of these have that same exact name. So I assume that somehow the plugin created these during the setup process.

I wasn’t sure which one to use to get the Client ID and Secret Key, so I just chose one, and it seems to have accepted it and it moved forward to the next screen and said Paypal was installed and took me out of the setup screen. I can see Paypal as a payment option on the site when I go to the cart or checkout now.

The question, did I do this right though? Could I have probably used the wrong Client ID and Secret Key? (since both apps had the same name and I wasn’t sure which to use).

Second question, should I delete the MyApp_WooCommerce_Developers that I’m not using, so there is only one? Also, should I delete the App that I created as well?

Another option I’ve considered is that in the Paypal settings page, there is an option to disconnect the account and it says ‘Click to reset current credentials and use another account’. Would this be a better way to reset everything and somehow start all over, will that give me another chance to go through the setup process again and hope that it connects correctly during the setup process this time and imports what it needs automatically?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.