Why the subscription status `expired`?

spyth
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I created a plan with 1 total cycle, and then created the subscription with "auto_renewal = true", and after I approve the subscription, the subscription expired. Is `auto_renewal` not working now?

I saw `auto_renewal` is deprecated here,  my question is , then how can I create an infinite subscription?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Rob
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @spyth 

It sounds like you may have set the Billing Cycle to 1 when you were creating the subscription. If you have this parameter with the value of "0", it will create a subscription that will renew until it is canceled by you or the buyer.

I hope this helps!

Robert

PayPal MTS

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

MTS_Rob
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @spyth 

It sounds like you may have set the Billing Cycle to 1 when you were creating the subscription. If you have this parameter with the value of "0", it will create a subscription that will renew until it is canceled by you or the buyer.

I hope this helps!

Robert

PayPal MTS

Login to Me Too

spyth
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.It works.

I have one more question. My previous project is still using 1 total cycle with auto_renewal set to true, do I need to update total cycle to 0?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Rob
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @spyth 

Glad to hear that this is working for you. You should update the previous project with the total cycle set to 0, With auto renew set to true, it is telling us to renew the profile for as long as it was setup to renew, but with a cycle of 1 it will only auto renew for that one month, then the profile expires.

Hope that helps!

Robert - PayPal MTS

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.