Which API is used to send money?

sirenimports
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

When I send money manually I click "Send money" from my main PayPal screen. Then I enter a persons email, select account, etc and then send it.

Now I want to use an API. Which API is right for me?

Payouts API seems right, but I was hoping for a simpler way.

Thanks!

Anton

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @sirenimports 

The Payouts API would be the best way to do this. The Payouts API is built to support businesses that want to disburse money quickly to various sellers, buyers, or contractors. With that in mind, there isn't too much demand for a more basic API as most simply prefer the UI for basic send money functions. The Payouts API may look a little complex, but not to worry as it should be straightforward and a short request if you're only doing a simple send money action to one or two emails.

I hope that helps!

-Aaron

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @sirenimports 

The Payouts API would be the best way to do this. The Payouts API is built to support businesses that want to disburse money quickly to various sellers, buyers, or contractors. With that in mind, there isn't too much demand for a more basic API as most simply prefer the UI for basic send money functions. The Payouts API may look a little complex, but not to worry as it should be straightforward and a short request if you're only doing a simple send money action to one or two emails.

I hope that helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

sirenimports
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Aaron! I was hoping I wouldn't have to read the Payouts API doc, but it is what it is 🙂 At least there is a way.

Anton

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.