Webhooks for subscription are fireing in a random order?

black-window
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

i am very confused by all the webhooks for recuring payment.

My scenario:

I have a paypal button for subscription with a hidden field (e-mail of the buyer, plan-id), which i need to identify the plan that was bought and the user who has bought it. This works. Now i need the webhook job, which gives me the possibility to create a bill.

What i need for this bill: 

- Name

- Address

- Plan

- Costs

- E-Mail of PayPal

- My custom field

I am currently lost in the webhook API. I think i need the very first successfull payment notification (Create first bill) and then i need a notification for each recuring payment (e.g. every month) and create the follow up bills.

There is a  "event_type":"BILLING.SUBSCRIPTION.ACTIVATED" and  "event_type":"PAYMENT.SALE.REFUNDED" and  "event_type":"PAYMENT.SALE.COMPLETED".

The data that comes with it is extremly hard to identify. I did not found a Java DTO for these types, so i builded my own POJO for it. 

There is so much confusing me. 

For example i have a friend that made a payment for test in the live environment. There was an error in my code, so i reverted the payment.

If i resend the webhook, sometimes there is a sale id , sometimes there is refund reason, sometimes there is the payment sale completed event.

It is so confusing.

I just want to create my bills and mark the subscription time, so that the user can use the service for the paid period.

Does anybody have a good example for doing such thing?

I am using Java. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.