Webhooks configuration

SpotOnCreative
New Community Member

Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time for reading my question.

I'm trying to setup Paypal webhooks to notify me on specific events, for example when orders are completed. For the webhook URL I want it to go to my API Gateway resource, where then I want to automatically enter some data into a database (among other stuff) via the use of Lambda functions.

I've setup my API Gateway service (just a rest interface with no authorisation), and i've tested it, and AWS side everything works as it should. Now, when I try and use the "WebHooks Simulator", I'm expecting the webhook to send some data to API Gateway, and then through to my lambda function. Now, this is where something is going wrong. I'm checking my logs on CloudWatch, and nothing is coming through, no errors, no info... Which means there seems to be some connectivity problem from Paypal -> AWS.

As AWS seems to work as expected during my testing, I've decided to reach out here to figure out if anyone has any ideas why it is failing?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor

Get the chance of this topic to ask a "beside" question on webhooks: activating them will consequently stop the ipn message service or the two services can run simultaneously?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.