Webhook not working live (webhook event not fired)

nxg56
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

IPN works fine for me, but I don't know why, webhooks don't:

• I have created a REST API app and added webhooks
  • I have enabled it Live (not Sandbox)
  • I have checked that "All events" are registered,
  • Tested my listener script (which is on my server) with the webhook simulator (working)
  • but ... sadly "Live" transactions don't generate any webhook event!
  • so the problem doesn't even come from my listener script, it's Paypal which doesn't fire the webhook event...

What should I do to make webhooks work when a payment has been done?

c2pXL

Also do you use REST API app or NVP/SOAP API app?

lkgYy

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

typefox09
Contributor
Contributor

What about for "Connect with PayPal", surely IPN has nothing for this product as it has nothing to do with payments but rather on-boarding users.

Login to Me Too

FFTQ
New Community Member

I just want to chime in and say that webhooks don't work for me in sandbox mode even. I just spent a whole week writing a script processing successful vs denied payouts, and there's completely no way to test it! I sent payouts after payouts and no webhooks were ever triggered.

I don't know about live applications and will update after I try tomorrow. God bless my code has no serious bugs. Lol. This is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

jsn1
Contributor
Contributor

I thought I was going mad. Works perfectly in sandbox but doesn't work at all in live mode.

Login to Me Too

black-window
Contributor
Contributor

For me the live event webhook is not firing too.

😞

Login to Me Too

RlyehDoom
Contributor
Contributor

<removed> such a waste of time investing in this <removed>·, PayPal <removed>.

Login to Me Too

IMPERIALREST
Contributor
Contributor

There's nothing wrong on your side. If you do sale, paypal webhooks only support echeck case for now. PayPal is adding webhooks support covering other funding sources for sale payment, estimated release is in next Jan// 

I Know That Webhooks Work Well For /MassPayPal Payouts Respectively..

ScreenShot_20220426033906.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.