Webhook events don't show up in my overview

SeedersClub
Contributor
Contributor

Hey!

I'm trying to get an overview of which users buy my subscriptions using the payment.sale.completed event triggering my webhook in Integromat. However the only webhook trigger that work, is the one from the webhook simulator. Once I've setup a subscription in my (Sandbox &) live environment, none of the events get called after buying the subscription. I also don't see them in my overview.

I've seen multiple people having the same issue but I've already spent 1 - 2 hours resolving this issue but it just don't work. Can anyone please help me how the events get triggered?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @SeedersClub,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

I would suggest to please subscribe your webhook listener to events, use either the Developer Dashboard or the Webhooks API.

To use the dashboard to subscribe to events : 

1. Log in to the Developer Dasbhoard.
  2. Create an app to generate your API credentials and subscribe to webhook events. If you already have an app, proceed to the next step.
  3. In the REST API apps section, click the link for the app to which you want to subscribe events.
  4. In the webhooks section, click Add Webhook.
  5. Add the URL for your listener, which is the endpoint URL that listens for incoming HTTP POST notification messages triggered when events occur.
  6. From the Event types list, select the events to which to subscribe your app. You can select either all events or one or more individual events.
  7. Click Save. The dashboard shows your webhook listener URL, the ID for the webhook, and the events to which you subscribed your app.

https://developer.paypal.com/api/rest/webhooks/rest/#subscribe-to-events 

To receive Webhook Events of all PayPal product services, please follow the below steps via your developer portal. 

For Sandbox :

My apps & credentials >> Select the respective App name >> goto "SANDBOX WEBHOOKS" >> click "Edit Webhook" hyperlink >> toggle "All events" to receive all event notifications >> Save.

For LIVE : 

My apps & credentials >> Select the respective App name >> goto "LIVE WEBHOOKS" section >> click "Edit Webhook" hyperlink >> toggle "All events" to receive all event notifications >> Save. 

Once the above settings is done, please process a test payment. 

Please refer the below guide link for "Webhook" Event names :

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api-basics/notifications/webhooks/event-names/

If your still facing the issue, please create a MTS ticket via - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US with detailed error information. 

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

SeedersClub
Contributor
Contributor

The issue is, this is all setup but my webhook doesn't get triggered

Login to Me Too

roguewebdesign
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also having this issue. The Developer Dashboard is really buggy. Always refreshing the page due to 404 errors or blank screens.

My Webhook Events for Live or Sandbox never show up. I've created / recreated Webhook Events multiple times and nothing is created or sent.

Login to Me Too

ActiveAdam

It is the same for me. In both Sandbox and Live. The Developer Dashboard is awful. Constantly having to refresh the page again and again in order for the webhooks URL etc to show up. And, as per above no webhooks data available. Nothing showing up in event logs or error logs. Feels like I'm flying blind. 

Login to Me Too

SeedersClub
Contributor
Contributor

Good to know I'm not the only one @ActiveAdam / @roguewebdesign - Let me know if you have a solution besides switching to Stripe 😁

Login to Me Too

Illiaz
Contributor
Contributor

Still waiting for fix

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.