Was approved for Chained Payments. Need to upgrade to PayPal checkout.

lbpp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have a development-stage project using Checkout Express (now deprecated), with a server integration using PaymentsAPI, AdaptivePayments to enable chained payments.

Now that we need to upgrade our front end to use the new PayPal Checkout, and as I understand AdaptivePayments is a limited release for existing integrators and special partners, I have some questions.

My client and I went through an approval process, if I remember correctly, to use AdaptivePayments. This was then activated on the respective Business account, but I was able to test the Sandbox accounts using my developer account. I am hoping that once I change the checkout to use PayPal Checkout, the same backend integration will work (PaymentsAPI etc which uses payKey). I understand front-end to back-end interaction may change and we can make these changes.

I don't know yet because our current Express Checkout is now broken (see my post *) and I am not sure how to check whether our AdaptivePayments will still work once I upgrade to PayPal Checkout. I still have the original App setup in my developer account Dashboard.

* https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Payflow/Javascript-issue-inside-PayPal-s-apdg-js-Cannot-read-pro...

It would be unfortunate if we need to change both our front end as well as our backend (logic to construct and deal with chained payments).

Any help is appreciated. If anyone wants to add to the question, please do it in a separate topic.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.