User always not eligible to use custom inputs

TheFrozenPanda
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everybody,

I am trying to set up a test environment with the Paypal sandbox feature before starting to develop a custom debit and credit card form that allows purchasing products in my html web app. I've been following the steps mentioned here: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/business/checkout/advanced-card-payments, but when I reach Step 3 (Add the PayPal JavaScript SDK and the card form) and open in a browser tab the HTML and CSS files I downloaded and formatted with the required data produced in the previous steps, my user always turns out to be not eligible to view the custom card fields. I've been trying to repeatedly reproduce the steps mentioned, with 3 different accounts to no avail (including a business account and a developer account linked to a business account).

One thing that puzzles me is that in step 1 when I click on "Request advanced debit and credit card processing for your sandbox business account." the browser redirects to a signup wizard (why signup again?), which I completed with the data I already provided on actual signup for all three the Paypal accounts. In my attempts I always completed this wizard successfully.

So basically, when I test locally the HTML interface from Step 3 no exceptions are thrown in the browser, just the code that checks for eligibility

paypal.HostedFields.isEligible()

always returns false, it should return true.

Thank you for your effort!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Juanda94
Contributor
Contributor
Were you able to solve the problem? I'm facing the same issue 
Login to Me Too

goinBack2Stripe
New Community Member

The documentation on paypal is the worst I've ever seen... and I interned at Amazon. Why they don't create reasonable CLI is beyond me... it just sends me in and endless loop trying to accept the terms that they want you to to integrate this... and with no clear indication as to whether or not you did what they want. How difficult is it to replace the "Setup" inside the button with a HostedFields.isEligible() ? "Setup" : "Already Set" or some sh:t. I'm going back to stripe ASAP as soon as this client stops bugging me about this. There is zero chance I'm going to offer to build another paypal integration.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.