I'm unable to activate the Transaction Search permission and retrieve transactions via the API. From the developer dashobard, I've done the following:
1) opened My Apps & Credentials
2) clicked Live
3) clicked Create App
4) Given my app a name
5) Ticked the Transaction Search box
6) Clicked Save
7) Copied my Client ID & Secret
😎 Ran the following (substituting in my client ID & secret):
curl -v https://api-m.paypal.com/v1/oauth2/token \
-H "Accept: application/json" \
-H "Accept-Language: en_US" \
-u "client_id:secret" \
9) Received back a token with the following scopes:
"scope": "https://uri.paypal.com/services/invoicing https://uri.paypal.com/services/disputes/read-buyer https://uri.paypal.com/services/payments/realtimepayment https://uri.paypal.com/services/disputes/update-seller https://uri.paypal.com/services/payments/payment/authcapture openid https://uri.paypal.com/services/disputes/read-seller https://uri.paypal.com/services/payments/refund https://api.paypal.com/v1/vault/credit-card https://api.paypal.com/v1/payments/.* https://uri.paypal.com/payments/payouts https://api.paypal.com/v1/vault/credit-card/.* https://uri.paypal.com/services/shipping/trackers/readwrite https://uri.paypal.com/services/subscriptions https://uri.paypal.com/services/applications/webhooks"
This doesn't work with the transaction search API (gets a "No permission for the requested operation" error) presumably because the returned token is missing the "https://uri.paypal.com/services/reporting/search/read" scope. However I don't know how to get this scope to appear. I've tried creating a new app, creating a dev app, deleting the old token with the /token/terminate endpoint, re-saving and creating a new secret. I've confirmed that the Transaction Search permission is checked. Nothing will produce the required permission. Am I missing something or is this an issue with Paypal's API? Thank you.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Payments REST APIs
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Emails after purchase of a Subscription Product in PayPal Payments Standard
- Anyone else have Fraud Filters that are not working? Been like this for about 6 months now in NVP/SOAP APIs
- The merchant's account is not able to process transactions. in NVP/SOAP APIs
- EWP Setting in PayPal Payments Standard
- Issue unsolved: Customers struggling to make payment( Check out Issue) in PayPal Payments Standard