The X-PAYPAL-APPLICATION-ID header contains an invalid value , Error Code : 560022

GeorgeApostol
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

this is an 2 way question 

first im using Paypal adaptive and i recently heard that it dosnt work anymore is this true? can i still use it? 

seacond as i remember when i was making an perchase with paypal adaptive it was completing my order at the checkout, but know i get this error The X-PAYPAL-APPLICATION-ID header contains an invalid value , Error Code : 560022 how can i fix this? i've seen some aricles i have import my API Username, API Password, API Signature and my app-id is live what else i should do to make this work again? @MTS_Andre 

thank you!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

MTS_Andre

Hi GeorgeApostol, the Adaptive integration has been deprecated since Dec 2017 but integration that were running before that date will be supported.

The error you get has mainly 2 possible causes:

- make sure that you are not using Sandbox application ID APP-80W284485P519543T against PayPal's Live Site. This application ID is only for testing in the Sandbox environment.

Another most common response is that the App ID does not exist in the environment you are attempting to process. Maybe written incorrectly in the header or not passed at all in the header.

In your Adaptive payment request you should have a value passed into X-PAYPAL-APPLICATION-ID like in this example:

[1] => X-PAYPAL-SECURITY-PASSWORD: AAAAAAAAA88AA88A is the api_password
[2] => X-PAYPAL-APPLICATION-ID: APP-80A0000000000 is the app_id
[3] => X-PAYPAL-SECURITY-SIGNATURE: AA88aA.nA88A888aa8AA888aaaaaaaAA is the api_signature

Login to Me Too

GeorgeApostol
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, im sad to say but i've double-triple checked the API Username / API Password / API Signature where i got from API accessNVP/SOAP API integration (Classic) and the App ID where  i made an new LIVE API CREDENTIAL and it's still not working...

This was working before, and know that i tested it, it like broke... i'm using an plug in and there is no need for code they have they layout like this and i just cope past please check this screenshots PAGE 1: https://www.screencast.com/t/UD3Gb7jSQ PAGE 2: https://www.screencast.com/t/lmzcrCfHCD 

Please @MTS_Andre help me out on this it's very important for me to make this work!

Thank you very much for the reply!

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Hi GeorgeApostol, I found 2 things that can return that error in your case.

1) The account that process the Adaptive Payments must be verified, as mentioned here Make sure your PayPal account will be verified and then Adaptive will work again

2) In the screenshot you sent I see that on the field APP ID there is a long code while an APP ID is in this short format, this one is just an example: APP-80W284485P519543T

But on your screenshot I see a code starting like AeEpxxxxxxxxx and then looks too long for an APP ID which always starts with APP- and followed by a 17 digits

Here I found as well your plugin docs online where they say about the APP ID, in the section "Configure DOKAN" and they mention the APP ID which has the format above.

Following the 2 steps above you will be able to use Adaptive. Let me know.

Login to Me Too

GeorgeApostol
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,thank you very much i know now what i should do! due to coronavirus ill need to wait so i can complete this so ill leave this conversation on and if i need any help in the future when all of this is done ill reply again, 

thank you again @MTS_Andre ! 

Login to Me Too

GeorgeApostol
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, ill try my best thank you for helping, ill send back with my results!

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

You are welcome 👍

Login to Me Too

GeorgeApostol
Contributor
Contributor

hey @MTS_Andre ,

I verified my account and i checked it out, so i got this outcome https://www.screencast.com/t/HyznLk42 

but i'm still facing the same issue... 

So please see if this page is right, here i get my live api : https://www.screencast.com/t/k5WLUAxr9 and at my account eligibility it seems that Paydiant Platform is under maintenance.. as shown here https://www.screencast.com/t/YL0vTGSOE 

what do you belive i should i do next? 

thanks for the help 

Login to Me Too

GeorgeApostol
Contributor
Contributor

i should add that the api key i get is from the client id is it right? 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Hi, the API credentials are the NVP API credentials:

--header="X-PAYPAL-SECURITY-USERID: $APIUSER"
--header="X-PAYPAL-SECURITY-PASSWORD: $APIPASS"
--header="X-PAYPAL-SECURITY-SIGNATURE: $APISIG"

To get those you can follow those steps (API signatures)

The AppID must be the AppID you received once you applied for PayPal Adaptive Payments, last time I could see on your screenshot a longer value than an APP ID. Also make sure you are not using the Sandbox testing APP ID which would be APP-80W284485P519543T as this one will not work on a live scenario, only for testing.

The Paydiant platform is a different thing, not related to Adaptive Payments.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.