Subscription or Reoccurring Payments with card expiring soon

Shalav
New Community Member

We will have some customers with monthly Subscription or Reoccurring Payments (infinite). For some customers, the credit card might expire in next few months. How to manage Reoccurring Payments in such scenarios. Will paypal send notifications to us (merchants) about expiring cards? 

Since we do not store card information how to notify our customers at least 1 month in advance asking to update new credit card info and call update credit card info with their subscription.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shalav

PayPal in cooperation with card issuers and banks will update a customer's card they have on file with PayPal automatically where applicable. I don't know how thorough they are but hopefully when cardholders are sent new cards update their info as indicated in the documentation that came with their new card. Or when the payment fails due to expired card, PayPal will notify the subscriber of the failed payment and your customers will contact you or update their info then.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.