Subscr_signup notifications via IPN

tophool
New Community Member

We are working on a system to track active subscriptions via Paypal IPN.  

When someone starts a subscription, we receive a subscr_signup notfication. 

Does IPN also send a subscr_payment notification for this initial transaction, which has a txn_id for the monetary exchange?  

Do Subscription Signups send both Subscription Payment and Subscription signup notifications via IPN?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

mazzu001
New Community Member

I just ran a live transaction and I received a txn_type subscr_payment. I did not have something to recognize the subscr_signup value so I wasn't sure that the subscr_signup was being received. I came here to look and found this message. I can tell you with 100% certainty that I received a subscr_payment variable in the IPN under txn_type. I think it may possibly do two separate IPN's for a new signup?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi @tophool and @mazzu001.

Welcome to the Community!

If you both are experiencing difficulties with IPN's on your PayPal accounts, I would advise you to try reaching out to our Merchant Technical Support team directly and we can look into this further for you. 

This can be done by submitting a support ticket through our Merchant Technical Support website that can be found here https://developer.paypal.com/support/.

I hope this helps. 
David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.