Smart Buttons in Indonesia and Smart Buttons for Subscriptions

BOS_Foundation
Contributor
Contributor

So our Paypal account is a standard business account, which we use to receive donations for a non-profit organisation in Indonesia.

We rely very heavily on international donations, so having a safe, reliable, user-friendly payment gateway to receive international donations (and adoptions, as donors can also adopt our rescued orangutans through our website). However, being based in Indonesia and receiving donations to an Indonesian bank account severely limits our payment gateway options.

We use PayPal, but it is the hosted option where you are redirected to PapPal through a pop-up window and asked to enter your PayPal account details or select payment by credit/debit card. After looking into options like Stripe and a few others, I was starting to think it was impossible to have integrated, non-hosted credit card payment gateway on our website (FYI we have a Wordpress website for now, but will be changing to a CMS website over the coming months)....then I found PayPal Payments Pro, and was thinking I finally cracked it, only to find out that this service is also not available in Indonesia.

As a last option, I have discovered that PayPal has a Subscribe button feature, which could facilitate recurring donation and adoption payments, which is absolutely essential for us. I also discovered that PayPal has recently rolled out a Smart Button feature, which facilitates (almost) direct payments with credit cards. Now I am hoping we can set up our donation and adoption pages so that when you click the one-off donation/adoption option, the website visitor will be presented with the standard Smart Buttons options, and when you click the monthly (recurring) donation/adoption option, the website visitor will be presented with the Smart Buttons options but configured as 'subscribe' buttons for recurring payments.

Is this possible? Can we get Smart Buttons in indonesia? Can we configure the Smart Buttons to be subscribe/recurring payments buttons? If not, is there another option for us? I can't for the life of me figure out why someone hasn't focused on creating what should be quite simple, non-hosted, credit card payments solutions for businesses and non-profits in developing countries like Indonesia...it would be worth a fortune for the developers, and facilitate transformative change in these emerging economies.

Any help or advice would be really, really, really appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

thowa
New Community Member

@BOS_Foundation 

Dear Team at BOS.

Struggling with the same problem for a charity (Rotary Clubs). I see you found some solution. Can you share it here - as PayPal seems to not care for that business sector anyway, as it seems...and there are surely many more like us.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.