Slow Webhooks

ben-39
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
We are using Webhooks with Commerce Platform solution and it takes up to 2 minutes to receive the webhook.
Is it normal behavior? Some customers think the payment failed and they order twice.

Thanks,
Ben 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

ben-39
Contributor
Contributor

It's now taking more than 1 hour to receive the webhook. Anyone else, having this issue?
Ben

Login to Me Too

tytel
Contributor
Contributor

Can confirm and it's been happening most of this year for me. I sometimes receive webhooks up to 12 hours late and get a lot of confused emails from customers and double payments.

I opened a ticket with PayPal, had a back and forth with them for several months and they said they 'escalated' the issue.

Then they closed the ticket saying they're just going to have an internal ticket from now on. After that the person I was in contact with stop responding to my emails.

I find this pretty unacceptable considering this is what I consider a fundamental flaw with webhooks.

Login to Me Too

alyx2
Contributor
Contributor

Did you get this resolved? We're experiencing the same issue in production. 

Login to Me Too

MTS_John

Hello @alyx2 , 

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community. The issue from 2021 is resolved. Please file an MTS ticket for direct support from our engineers to resolve any current latency issues related to PayPal webhooks at www.paypal.com/mts. 

If you found this post helpful please give it a kudos or accept it as a solution to help others who might be having a similar experience.

Login to Me Too

zyyyy
New Community Member

The live environment has been restored steadily. After capture, it takes almost 10 to 40 seconds to receive the webhook😥

Login to Me Too

zyyyy
New Community Member

The ideal delay is within 5 seconds

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.