Recent changes to Create Order API

icicic
Contributor
Contributor

The Create Order and Update Order APIs have changed recently, haven't they?

The Sample Requests provided have changed, I can't see an example of shipping fees anymore.

Am I missing something? I can't see enough info to be able to complete an online payment anymore?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

icicic
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for answering.

I have an issue with this; why is it not made clear on the page that it has been changed, why is there no timestamp for 'last updated'? It appears that paypal are not transparent regarding changes to their API, why not? It would help users to know when the page/API was updated I don't understand paypal's attitude at all.

Secondly, no, the API does NOT work like it used to, I had a request using application_context working fine, now it does not, from the 'NEW' documentation it appears that we should now be using experience_context, but that requires a major change to the request flow.

I say the API does not work as it did, but of course for all I know Paypal may have changed the API/documentation again without telling anyone!!! (you see how important it is to keep people updated!)

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @icicic,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

PayPal Developer portal page got updated recently and the APIs works the same.

You should be able to find the "Shipping" fee object under "Amount >> Breakdown". 

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 4.56.09 PM.png

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too
Solved

icicic
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for answering.

I have an issue with this; why is it not made clear on the page that it has been changed, why is there no timestamp for 'last updated'? It appears that paypal are not transparent regarding changes to their API, why not? It would help users to know when the page/API was updated I don't understand paypal's attitude at all.

Secondly, no, the API does NOT work like it used to, I had a request using application_context working fine, now it does not, from the 'NEW' documentation it appears that we should now be using experience_context, but that requires a major change to the request flow.

I say the API does not work as it did, but of course for all I know Paypal may have changed the API/documentation again without telling anyone!!! (you see how important it is to keep people updated!)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.