REST Sync API - Payments do not show up until several HOURS later

Nimja
Contributor
Contributor

This is just one example, every transaction appears to follow the same pattern of taking *at least* 4 hours before they are visible.

I got a verification (by email) of a new donation, with transaction ID; XXX123 - Timestamp: 6 June 2018 at 07:30:42 GMT+2

I can see this transaction in my activity log when I login to PayPal.

I CANNOT see this transaction, wither with:

https://api.paypal.com/v1/reporting/transactions?transaction_id=XXX123

This just returns 0 results.

Or with:

https://api.paypal.com/v1/reporting/transactions?start_date=2018-06-04T07%3A05%3A01%2B00%3A00&end_date=2018-06-07T07%3A05%3A01%2B00%3A00&fields=all&page_size=300

This returns results of other donations that are more than 4 hours old.

Why does it take so long to show up in the SYNC API results?

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

Nimja
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.paypal-status.com/incident/production

Incident Start: Mar 7, 05:27 UTCIncident End: On-going

AFFECTED PRODUCTS:

• REST APIs
  • Batch
  • Payflow APIs

Initial Notification:
Affected Regions: Global

We experienced a technical issue with our infrastructure which caused delay in processing data for reconciliation.

Our technical teams are already working towards resolving the issue. We'll send an update as soon as we have additional details.

In the interim, our API users need to continue to make use of last_refreshed_datetime field for their data verification and reconciliation purposes.

Login to Me Too

Alpha7
Contributor
Contributor

Experiencing the issue right now, in sandbox. "last_refreshed_datetime":"2020-04-05T08:59:59+0000", over 6 hours have passed since then and still havent got new transactions. As far as i remember this would work pretty fast, why does it keep presenting those ridiculus delays? Getting latest transactions in transaction list quickly is crucial for many applications. Any words from tech support?

Login to Me Too

BSV-HI
Contributor
Contributor

Did you fix this problem somehow since your post is one year old ?

Login to Me Too

Chris455
Contributor
Contributor

No, it's still happening for me. The Web UI updates instanteously but the API data is hours behind. It's very frustrating. It seems like it's just a design flaw in Paypal's backend that they're not interested in fixing. They focus mainly on frontend users, and customers using their API for business aren't their target market, so they'll probably never fix the problem. I've been researching alternative services.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230103ae
Contributor
Contributor

For me it is still not working, I am using a Live App:

"last_refreshed_datetime""2022-07-01T14:29:59+0000",
And it is now 4 hours later.

Don't know how to parse the incoming mail as the last post recommends.

Is there any other way to get the payment information immediately?
Login to Me Too

StuC22
Contributor
Contributor
Tbf over time have just become accustomed to there being a couple of hours lag in what is available through this reporting Api so just look to resume each time from last know data and just ride through that ebb and flow of Information..
Login to Me Too

BSV-HI
Contributor
Contributor

Parsing also is not that easy because PayPal mails do not always come in with same format.

As far as I see you have no other chance as to wait till API feeds you with payment information after a delay of ~6h.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230103ae
Contributor
Contributor

Waiting longer than 1 minute unfortunately is no option for my project: I am trying to connect an old slotmachine with paypal, to make payments online and not by coins. Just a hobby project.

Fetching the mail works now in principle, all further coding is done in the ESP32.

Login to Me Too

SunilKumar20
Contributor
Contributor

What Technical Team is ? We are in trouble with this issue since a year ago. It seems like they are just ignoring these crucial issue from their end. This is something very important for so many developers. 
This is humble request to you guys, please fix it asap. thanks!

Login to Me Too

Thimo1
Contributor
Contributor

This is also happening for me. Pretty sad to see that PayPal ignores this issue. Did someone maybe found a workaround? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.