REST API app secret key not displaying in sandbox mode

Qompute
Contributor
Contributor

I have been unable to retrieve the secret key for my REST API app in SANDBOX mode, although it is being displayed when in LIVE mode. I've tested with multiple browsers and on multiple terminals, and the SHOW button is just not responding in sandbox mode. I have also tried creating a new app, but the same issue persists with that too.

Has anyone else faced this issue? Could I have missed some step or requirement? The first app is an old one, created more than a year ago, and I was able to retrieve the secret key and test it sandbox mode then, and it is still working now.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

jatinsoni
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem. It is too buggy. Moreover, unable to delete app too. Giving correct name still rejecting. Sandbox is too buggy and I am afraid if we would be able to implement PayPal in our system or not.

sandbox.JPG

Login to Me Too

luis07
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem, would like to be informed if there is a fix/workaround. I'm testing different invoicing solutions and this has rendered my testing of Paypal unsuccessful.

@Qompute wrote:

I have been unable to retrieve the secret key for my REST API app in SANDBOX mode, although it is being displayed when in LIVE mode. I've tested with multiple browsers and on multiple terminals, and the SHOW button is just not responding in sandbox mode. I have also tried creating a new app, but the same issue persists with that too.

Has anyone else faced this issue? Could I have missed some step or requirement? The first app is an old one, created more than a year ago, and I was able to retrieve the secret key and test it sandbox mode then, and it is still working now.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Login to Me Too

josemsanchiz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Same problem here, but i have found one solution.

Inspect with developer console the show button element. A few lines below there's a div like this:

<div id="credentials-table-sb" aria-labelledby="show-secret" class="display-none" data-length="1">

Simply remove the display-none class and the secret will shows.

Regards!

Login to Me Too

luis07
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks man! this really helped, though now I get an error on the app due to permissions hahaha Moving on to debug that.

Login to Me Too

jhsmith12345
Contributor
Contributor

This workaround was successful...come on paypal! lol

Thanks for your help!!!

Login to Me Too

Qompute
Contributor
Contributor
Contacted MTS Support, and they acknowledged & rectified they issue.
Login to Me Too

jatinsoni
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, day before I have checked and it was working. Sorry, was busy so forgot to update here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.