REST API - Payment state 'approved'

Alipu
New Community Member

Hello, I would like to confirm my thoughts. PayPal API reference describes payment state 'approved' by these words:

• approved. The customer approved the transaction. The state changes from created to approved on generation of the sale_id for sale transactions, authorization_id for authorization transactions, or order_idfor order transactions.

(link: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/payments/v1/#definition-payment)

I suppose that this is not correct. After lot of tests with "Create Payment" -> "Approving by Customer" -> "Excecution payment" I found out that state "approved" I would get only after "Execution payment". I suppose that this state "approved" is final state and I can be really sure the customer paid.

In other words the customer approves the payment by log in into paypal account, then chooses the payment type. However in my application will be error - that's why I will never send request of "Execution payment". In this situation the sale state will never be "approved" ?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

georigg
New Community Member

I have a similar problem in that a Seller has recently changed my account so that the seller will automatically have my approval for payments without me having to log-in and enter my Paypal password. I have tried to post a question on this board about this but it appeared that my post draft was deleted before I could post it!

My question to Paypal is what does this situation say about their security if a seller can make these changes without the buyers approval and why does Paypal actually allow this?

George/Scotland

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.