REST API - I dont have access to the Transaction History

RubenRita
Contributor
Contributor
Hi everyone, my problem is, 

I am able to grant the permissions of the 3rd party access token, but I can't have access to the transactions history. I receive a message saying that "I am not authorized to perform 3rd party calls for this API. You need to be part of the Partner Program for the same." The thing is, I have already a Partner account and I am using it. So someone knows what could be the problem? Paypal support doesn't help.
Best regards
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

alloy_bacon
Contributor
Contributor

Did you check for messages coming to your paypal ipn server.

If you need an ipn server/client ill sell you mine for $5 or you can make it yourself free with enough study.

Login to Me Too

Rafinha123
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @MTS-Aaron

Do you have any suggestion for the above case? 

We see that it works very well in the sandbox environment, but when we change it to LIVE with real credentials, it doesn't work.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,
Rafael.

Login to Me Too

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Rafinha123 

So, I think this would be one of two things. Either the permission isn't being granted in live for Transaction History, or your account doesn't have the Partner Permissions to be able to access someone's transaction history. If you're sure the Transaction Search/History permission is being granted, then it just might require that scope addition for your partner account

If you were contacted by the partner team during the partner approval process, then you should be able to reach back out to them via email and inquire if you also have approval to have the Transaction History Partner Permission enabled. If you aren't able to reach out to them via email, then you might have to go through normal support channels asking for this change to your partner permissions.

I hope that helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

Rafinha123
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @MTS-Aaron

Thank you for your reply.

We are enrolled in the Partner program, but we don't have a Partner Manager. 

Is it mandatory to have a partner manager in order to do this? If so, could you please let us know what exactly do we need to do to have one?

I've tried that, but unfortunately don't find the way to do it on the Partner Manager website.

Thank you and kind regards,
Rafael.

Login to Me Too

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Rafinha123 

If you don't have the partner team email address, then you would have to go through our customer support team, asking them for help on getting this added. You can do so by clicking the "Help and Contact" link at the bottom of this page and then click on "Message Center". From there, send us a message explaining the need and you should have no issues getting information or help with your account.

I hope this helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.