Questions About Subscriptions API

SamuelSolomon
Contributor
Contributor

I am a developer and my company is looking at what it would take to add paypal as a pay option for our subscribers. I have done a fair amount of research, but would like a little more direct help in answering my question.

I would like to know if there is a way to setup recurring payments without going through the subscriptions API? Our current payment provider simply stores the payment information and gives us a token which we use to request a payment each month, which has been approved for a certain amount of cycles from the customer. Is there anyway to do something similar with paypal? Where we do not have to go through the somewhat restrictive Subscriptions API, but also do not have to get explicit permission each month beyond the original agreement?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Yes, you want to look for Billing Agreements / Reference Transactions.

You can do exactly what you have described.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Yes, you want to look for Billing Agreements / Reference Transactions.

You can do exactly what you have described.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

SamuelSolomon
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response, I saw billing agreements before but ignored it as it was depreciated. Is it still the only way to accomplish what i ask regardless? and do you have any insight on how long it will stay a viable solution?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.