Progressive Onboarding Issue - Paypal Commerce Platfrom

akitoned
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am trying to integrate the seller's progressive onboarding with orders API into our application. When order API is triggered, it always returns the status 201 and successfully creates the order. But, the transaction only goes through when the payee is the existing PayPal user, and if I pass the non-existing PayPal user (email), the notification email for account setup, which should have been sent with progressive onboarding, has never been sent to that email. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I have been testing it on the sandbox environment. Is this the issue with the sandbox environment?

I used this documentation to integrate.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/commerce-platform/onboarding/progressive/

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
The sandbox won't send actual emails out to real accounts. Have you checked the "notifications" link under the sandbox account within your PayPal developer account?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

akitoned
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thank you for the advice. Yes, I checked the notification under developer account, but it says I (one of my sandbox buyer account) was unable to process the payment. I assume it is because I passed non-existing PayPal user's email as payee, but with the progressive onboarding(PayPal commerce platform), it should still process the transaction as pending, and that email should be adviced to set up their PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
That would happen live, but the sandbox does not send any actual emails out, and since it doesn't exist in the system, you can't see notifications in the dev account either.

I don't think that's something you'll be able to test, specifically. You should still see that the payment was successfully sent, though.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.