Plan a subscription change after three months

Ikuazu
Contributor
Contributor

Hey folks,

I'd like to perform a change of a single subscription, but only after a period of three months.

* I want to increase the price for an existing billing plan, so that I can create new subscriptions based on that plan

* Existing customers stay on the "old" billing plan price, but upgrade after exactly 3 months and then pay the new price

I found that I could customize subscriptions so that they have a custom price, that this would start with the next billing cycle and that paypal would send users a notification with the changes. One solution is that I try to do the subscription customization, but wait two months. Maybe there is another simpler solution.

Also I would not like to introduce a new billing plan and let customers upgrade, because that would break their app-workflow since they would need to re-opt in to the new price and upgrade (I'd like to prevent handling all sorts of cases, e.g. when a customer declines the upgrade etc.).

In https://developer.paypal.com/docs/multiparty/subscriptions/customize/update-plan-pricing I found undocumented options like this:

{
  "roll_out_strategy": {
  "effective_time": "2019-02-10T21:20:49Z",
  "process_change_from": "NEXT_PAYMENT"
}

I that something you could explain? Is that something I could use? I failed to find ANY information on that.

Thanks for your reply

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ikuazu
Contributor
Contributor

Any ideas? 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.