Paypal posting to verify always returns "INVALID"

ryskus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
I'm trying to verify IPN notification and I always get "INVALID". I've set encoding (button settings) to UTF-8, but it didn't help. I'm using Java to receive notifications from PayPal and I'm using POST method with Postman Software for verification tests, here's my request:

{paypal.com}/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_notify-validate&mc_gross=1.00&protection_eligibility=Eligible&address_status=confirmed&payer_id=9**********BA&address_street=ul. D****** 2**/9*&payment_date=01:55:49 Jul 16, 2019 PDT&payment_status=Completed&charset=UTF-8&address_zip=3*-***&first_name=R*******&mc_fee=0.83&address_country_code=PL&address_name=R**** K******k¬ify_version=3.9&custom=******&payer_status=unverified&business=************@yahoo.com&address_country=Poland&address_city=Krakow&quantity=1&verify_sign=Acv.0*********g-*****************T&payer_email=**************@gmail.com&txn_id=4**************D&payment_type=instant&last_name=Ku?n************k&address_state=MALOPOLSKIE&receiver_email=**************@yahoo.com&payment_fee=&shipping_discount=0.00&insurance_amount=0.00&receiver_id=A9WX2UHEDPZ96&txn_type=web_accept&item_name=Premium Content Access&discount=0.00&mc_currency=PLN&item_number=PCA&residence_country=PL&shipping_method=Default&transaction_subject=&payment_gross=&ipn_track_id=4**************2

What looks weird to me is:
1. address_name=R**** K******k¬ify_version=3.9 -> this contains ¬ character, is this valid ?
2. last_name=Ku?n************k -> it contains ? instead of ś (special character in Poland). Encoding problem ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Temp20210710
How to Request A Payment Notifications on Gmail
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.