Paypal for charging station: withhold amount and after completion changed amount later

Schoppinator
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys and gals,

first of all, I am new here, computer scientist and I have no experience with payment processes. So my problem is that I don't really know what keywords to use to search for my problem. So my question is about the payment process and how to implement my very specific problem:

Goal: Pay for a charging process at charging stations via paypal.

Idea of the process: If the user decides for the payment option via Paypal, the user should first approve a maximum possible amount of up to X. This amount is initially held back by Palpal, but not yet debited. Thereupon, I would like to activate the charging process at the charging station. The charging process can take several hours. After finishing the charging process, I can invoice based on the amount of electricity taken. Now I want to reduce the invoice amount of X to the correct invoice amount Y and debit it. In doing so, the customer only receives a final invoice. The customer may no longer have the option to cancel the transaction, since the electricity has already been delivered. 

Does Paypal offer this function and if so what is this process called and what should I look for in the documentation?

Many thanks in advance
Your Schoppinator

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.