Payout PHP SDK Usage

aish694
Contributor
Contributor

I understand that the old PayPal PHP SDK has been deprecated (https://github.com/paypal/PayPal-PHP-SDK) and that PayPal has released Payouts SDK bundle for processing PayPal payments. However, the Payout PHP SDK repository (https://github.com/paypal/Payouts-PHP-SDK) has been archived by the owner and been made read only. My queries are as follows:

1. When can the Payout PHP SDK be integrated with my application?
  2. Will there be another Payout PHP SDK released soon? Or would the archived repository be made available again?
  3. Since I have the older SDK already integrated with my application, can I still continue to use it although it has been deprecated?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @aish694 

Even though the Payout SDK is "read only", that should be sufficient for you to still use the code. 

However, you should be fine using the older SDK, just knowing that if there are issues or changes needed, service for that will not be there the same way it is for current products. 

I'm not quite sure on when other SDKs will be available, but I would probably consider moving to API calls rather than using an SDK as PHP is slowing down in terms of SDKs available for the language. 

Hope that helps!

-Aaron

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @aish694 

Even though the Payout SDK is "read only", that should be sufficient for you to still use the code. 

However, you should be fine using the older SDK, just knowing that if there are issues or changes needed, service for that will not be there the same way it is for current products. 

I'm not quite sure on when other SDKs will be available, but I would probably consider moving to API calls rather than using an SDK as PHP is slowing down in terms of SDKs available for the language. 

Hope that helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

aish694
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, @MTS-Aaron. This was indeed very helpful. 

-Aishwarya

Login to Me Too

ferrohuber
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

the SDK docs only have examples for Node.js. 
Wherer do we find PHP examples ? please?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.