Payment process working with sandbox, but not with live environment

Rol3
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am new with PayPal and I like to use an open source SW, which includes a payment capability. The SW uses the PayPal Rest API.
The open source community told me that it is working in their tests with sandbox and live environment.
I tested it first with sandbox and it is working without any issues.
The workflow there is: click on a button "pay", the PayPal checkout button is rendered and gets visible, the click on the checkout button starts the payment process, I can enter my account data and the payment is successful, so I can see the transactions in my sandbox accounts.

Then I switched to live environment (together with according client-id and secret), but it fails. The PayPal checkout button even get not rendered.
I had a look into the network traffic and found an error message "Invalid env: live...".
So I read several PayPal developer documentation articles and found that sometimes they write about "live" and sometimes about "production". So I just tried to use "production" instead of "live" and surprise, the PayPal checkout button gets rendered now. But I still cannot start the payment process, a click on the PayPal checkout button ends with the error "no token passed to payment".

Does anyone has a hint on this?
What is the real different between "live" and "production" and what would be right for this use case?
What else can the error "Invalid env: live..." mean?
What does the error "no token passed to payment" will tell me?

I appreciate any hint!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.