Payment Receipt TransactionIDs and OrderIDs / Validating Payments

jarjarisasith
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup a very simple payment option for a website to allow users to purchase in game currency.

My plan was to simply allow the OrderID or TransactionID to be used as a promotional code when applied to the users account.

The problem I am running into is, the OrderID is not included in the email receipt after paying for orders and I can't seem to get confirmation of payment from a TransactionID. Does anyone know how to accomplish either of these two things?

I thought the easiest solution would be to simply include the OrderID in the email of receipt but I can't find a way to do this. Also, just using the transactionID as a way to validate that payment is in a complete state as well would work I feel.

Any information on how to accomplish this or an easier solution if available would be appreciated, I could of course go through the trouble of setting up my own email system and all that but it feels like this should be easier to just let paypal handle that side of things.

Thanks in advance, JarJarIsASith

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

JackieDaytona
Contributor
Contributor

Create the hidden return fields in your form..thats all ya need, oh yea dont forget to give the fields the return values lol....

<input type="hidden" name="Status" id="orderstat" class="ppstat" value=""> <!-- PayPal Authorization -->

<input name="Trans Id" class="id" id="transid" type="hidden" value=""> <!--PayPal Transaction ID-->

D

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.