PayPal only works once!

Robgratt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

First post so hope I'm in the right place.

I'm trying to PayPal working properly with an eCommerce app called CubeCart.

I can pay for an item using PayPal, and it works perfectly.  I get all the notifications, emails and the money goes out of my credit card and into PayPal.

Perfect!  However, if I try to do another purchase immediately, the process hangs waiting for the PayPal screen so I can enter CC details..

It just hangs with the circulating thingy.

I am using the black 'Debit or Credit Card' button.

I've just tried it now and it has worked perfectly again.  It has been around 6 hours since I tried it last.

Tried it again, and the same thing happens.  No PayPal screen to enter credit card details.

I'm flummoxed.

Anyone any ideas why this might be happening?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
This sounds like an issue in CubeCart to me. You would need to review the API logs that CubeCart is saving (hopefully you have access to) to see if maybe there's something going on with the token getting reused, or maybe some caching problem you have going on..??

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Robgratt
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, angelleye, Thanks for the prompt reply. I have been working with the developer but I don’t think he knows what’s going on either. I do have access the the logs, but they don’t mean a lot to me. Is there some documentation that describes the various calls and responses. I did get my hosting company to turn off something called x-beluga-cache but it didn’t make any difference. Tried it again today and at one point managed to make four purchases in row before it started sulking again... Thanks again for your help. Rob
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
All the documentation is available at https://developer.paypal.com, but do you know which APIs they're using?

It could be Classic NVP/SOAP, or the newer REST API..??

Login to Me Too

Robgratt
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, angelleye, Thanks for staying with me on this. One of the calls looks like “ Request Sent (cURL) - https://api.paypal.com/v2/checkout/orders/”. Does this help tell you which API it might be? Thanks again! Rob
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, that's the REST API.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.